Hi, I hope someone can assist. With the help of this and the internet I have fitted bluetooth successfully and now have the voice module. I have the necessary d2b links and understand how to create the wiring (no voice loom). What I don't have is the plug for the vacm. I can make one up, but I have no way of working out which pin is number one (or any of the others!) as the vacm is not marked. Does anyone know the pin numbers, or have a close up photo of the plug (I can work out the pin sequence from the wire colours)
Any and all help gratefully received, many thanks
I have posted this in some other forums in the hope of help - so apolagies if you have seen this elsewhere.
Jaguar vacm (voice) pin outs
Re: Jaguar vacm (voice) pin outs
A good look at the appropriate wiring diagram from an online source might give the info you need.
I think most here won`t have touched this type of work preferring to leave well alone unless the service becomes bust! If you really get stuck, I`d suggest consulting a local independent Jaguar specialist who might have the type of knowledge you need.
Hope you find your answer shortly.
Mike
I think most here won`t have touched this type of work preferring to leave well alone unless the service becomes bust! If you really get stuck, I`d suggest consulting a local independent Jaguar specialist who might have the type of knowledge you need.
Hope you find your answer shortly.
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Re: Jaguar vacm (voice) pin outs
What year and what model is your X350? I assume you have the Electrical Guide for that model year? If not you'll have a hard time going on just the wire colours! The pin numbers are identified in my 2006 MY guide but unfortunately although most of the major modules have a diagram of the plug orientation the VAM does not.
I take it by your comment "no voice loom" means you are going to make the matching part from the car loom to the VAM? If you don't have the matching socket part in the main car loom then you have a major problem! The best plan is to check with the SNG Barratt web site link here:
www.sngbarratt.com/uk/#!/English/FindParts/Families/XJ8 ~2F XJR ~2F X350/17/53/13502/13501/15293/1/10/1/viewassembly/14383/:VOICE ACTIVATION MODULE
A search through the illustrated parts list in this section for the VAM shows the part I suspect you are trying to create - the Link Lead - which is available under part number C2S44447 (£55.58), but only for cars from VIN H11300 (earlier versions are no longer available). If not directly suitable for your car year it may provide you with a starting point for adaptation.
I take it by your comment "no voice loom" means you are going to make the matching part from the car loom to the VAM? If you don't have the matching socket part in the main car loom then you have a major problem! The best plan is to check with the SNG Barratt web site link here:
www.sngbarratt.com/uk/#!/English/FindParts/Families/XJ8 ~2F XJR ~2F X350/17/53/13502/13501/15293/1/10/1/viewassembly/14383/:VOICE ACTIVATION MODULE
A search through the illustrated parts list in this section for the VAM shows the part I suspect you are trying to create - the Link Lead - which is available under part number C2S44447 (£55.58), but only for cars from VIN H11300 (earlier versions are no longer available). If not directly suitable for your car year it may provide you with a starting point for adaptation.
Brian
2006 X350 3.5 V8 Sport Premium in Midnight / Ivory
1969 Triumph Daytona rider
Previous XJs:
X350 2.7 TDVi in Westminster Blue / Barley
X308 4.0 V8 in Meteorite / Warm Charcoal
X300 3.2 in Spruce / Barley
XJ40 3.2 Sport in Gunmetal / Saville Grey
2006 X350 3.5 V8 Sport Premium in Midnight / Ivory
1969 Triumph Daytona rider
Previous XJs:
X350 2.7 TDVi in Westminster Blue / Barley
X308 4.0 V8 in Meteorite / Warm Charcoal
X300 3.2 in Spruce / Barley
XJ40 3.2 Sport in Gunmetal / Saville Grey
Re: Jaguar vacm (voice) pin outs
Hi Mike and Brian, yes thanks for that. Good news is using the suggested MY electrical guide (2004), a magnifying glass and good light , I have established the munbering of the pins on the vacm socket. The plug seems about as common as fairy teeth but I am curently making my own up from parts of other connectors I have lieing around and am starting the mini loom - shoud be straight forward from here as I have d2b connectors and d2b loom ready.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

