I've owned a Foxwell OBD reader with Jaguar-specific modules for some time. It's been superseded, but I suspect the latest version suffers the same quirks as mine, which are mainly mislabelled modules. Not too severe, but if you have such a reader, it makes more sense when you know what it's actually talking about.
When you connect it and navigate through to the Jaguar-specific diagnostics, it lists the ECUs it should be able to talk to assuming the CANbus is working; I currently can only reach about 60% of the modules on my car, though they are most of the important ones.
First quirk is that if you use the Auto scan, as soon as it hits a troublesome ECU the scan hangs. The cure is, obviously, to manually scan module by module.
Second set of quirks are the mislabelling. The module it describes as "DSCM Driver's Seat Control Module" is, I'm pretty sure, the Dynamic Stability Control Module - a very different beast. The driver's seat is controlled through the DSM Driver's Seat Module.
The other one is described as "GEM General Electronics Module". It's actually the FEM Front End Module in Jaguar terms, as proved the DTCs logged in mine.
Foxwell OBD reader quirks
1986 XJ6 Sovereign Series III
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE
1991 XJS V12 "facelift"
2021 I-Pace SE
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
