Page 1 of 1

My very first Jaguar!!

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:07 pm
by bobthomas911772
Hello, Just wanted to say that my first 2006 Jaguar V6 was delivered today from London!! I have a few questions and I have put a message on the region section. I'm also wondering where I could obtain some prices for the window surround "chrome", they are OK but a little "mottled".
Overall it's in really good condition having done a tad over 40,000 miles, which is nice considering I bought it blind....I can hear collective screaming now... :roll:
I'd like to thank everybody who in the past has replied to my dense questions, and I'm really delighted to be a member of a great club.

Re: My very first Jaguar!!

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:38 pm
by steve_m
Congratulations Bob!
We need some pictures.

Re: My very first Jaguar!!

Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:02 pm
by bobthomas911772
Thanks Steve, I will when I've sussed out how to post them!!

Re: My very first Jaguar!!

Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:15 am
by ptjs1
Well done Bob! Let's see the pictures!

As regards the side window brightwork. Lots of owners have an issue with deterioration of these anodised aluminium strips. Differing thoughts on how to resolve from careful micro-polishing, through to wipoing them periodically with ATF (my approach on my old x350!)

Looking forward to the pics!

Paul

Re: My very first Jaguar!!

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:54 pm
by bobthomas911772
Hi Paul,
Just a quick update about the polishing the "chrome" trim. I've tried 4,000 glass paper, Autosol, and toothpaste. All seem to improve the finish. Youtube seem to be good but will hopefully experiment over the weekend. The toothpaste and vinegar system sound interesting... :shock: