Page 1 of 1

Something dripping N/S underneath

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:28 pm
by Davidqhog
Hi Gang, as I walked away from the car yesterday, noticed a line of damp patches which plainly came from the car. On looking underneath, I could see something dripping (a slow drip) from the N/S about level with the door front edge and the other side of the exhaust pipe I think. The damp patches on the tarmac disappeared within 10 minutes and when I tried to get a drip on my hand, it didn't smell like petrol and didn't seem oily. Would this just be the A/C condensation or should I be looking for something more worrying?

Regards,

David Q

Re: Something dripping N/S underneath

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:47 pm
by J44EAG
I`ve had this on my X350 during hot weather with the A/C having worked hard. An ice cream container pushed under the car to collect fluid confirmed in my case that it was condensation....it has to drop out somewhere!

Try the same thing and catch some fluid to confirm. Without confirming what you have, diagnosis is impossible.

Mike K

Re: Something dripping N/S underneath

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:03 pm
by Davidqhog
Thanks Mike. I noted that the coolant was down too so I think maybe a trip to the vet may be in order.

Re: Something dripping N/S underneath

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:16 am
by BrianG
Odds on it's the condensate from the air conditioning. If the car is perfectly level it can drip from both sides otherwise it will drip from just the lower side.

Re: Something dripping N/S underneath

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:16 pm
by rosemary
If its Pink in the ice cream tub its the CW inlet into the block. See jan 2019 Mag its a b''''''''''dy awful job put can be done.
Dave

Re: Something dripping N/S underneath

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:35 pm
by Alan C
Usually, Condensation from the A/C as others have indicated.