Purchase of my first X350

Moderators:Popsjag, J44EAG

User avatar
GordonJ
Posts:361
Joined:Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Location:Doncaster. South Yorkshire
Purchase of my first X350

Postby GordonJ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:33 pm

After a lot of soul searching I decided to sell our 1999 XJ8 and our 2003 S Type and purchase a 2006 XJ6 X350 Sovereign.
It has a full Jaguar (H A Fox Norwich) service history. The car is in mint condition and runs beautifully.
I would also like to add how much help the magazine was in selling my two cars. Special offer in General Services section helped me gain my asking price from someone who saw the advert in Brittany, France. After visiting here, 15 minutes and both cars were sold. Speaks volumes for the reach of the magazine.
Attachments
XJ6 003.jpg
XJ6 002.jpg
XJ 6 001.jpg
XJ6 X350 Sovereign
Chairman. Doncaster and District Region
Email. doncaster.district@gmail.com
Previous Jaguars.
XJ8 Sovereign in Seafrost
S Type in Red

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

Re: Purchase of my first X350

Postby davidr » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:28 pm

Gordon - congratulations!! Lovely car.
I can still be heard issuing a sigh of regret that I sold my 350 (even though it went on to be film star!). I loved the car as it was supremely comfortable, rode beautifully, handled well and was quite quick. Add to that the remarkable economy and the high spec and you have a winner!!
I'm sure you will enjoy yours - for me the combination of a technically advanced car with a traditional Jag body was unbeatable!
Keep us posted as you fall in love over the next few weeks!
Regards
David
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible

Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Re: Purchase of my first X350

Postby J44EAG » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Very nice indeed, Gordon.

Look forward to hearing your views on the 350 in due course.

Many congratulations and a very good choice. Should give you loads of pleasure.

Great news about selling the two other cars. Sounds like you had a very keen buyer.

Mike
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR

User avatar
GordonJ
Posts:361
Joined:Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Location:Doncaster. South Yorkshire

Re: Purchase of my first X350

Postby GordonJ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:20 pm

Thank you David and Mike. I think I have been lucky with this car, my local Jaguar specialist had it and kept it for me till I had a buyer for my two. So between that and the buyer I have been lucky. Add to that and all the posts I have followed from Mike the decision was easy to make. The S type is now in Brittany and he's coming back for the XJ8 later next week. he's phoned last night to say that the S Type ran like a dream.
First thing I would like to get for this 350 is a boot liner and I know Mike that you had posted a link but now I can't find it. If you could possibly re list.

Gordon
XJ6 X350 Sovereign
Chairman. Doncaster and District Region
Email. doncaster.district@gmail.com
Previous Jaguars.
XJ8 Sovereign in Seafrost
S Type in Red

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: Purchase of my first X350

Postby ptjs1 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:06 pm

Well done, Gordon! Good colour, same as mine!

Tell us all more about the car, mileage, servive history etc!

The trunk liner that Mike bought was one that I recommended to him as I'd fitted it to my car. See here for similar item:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291357049847? ... 2749.l2649&

Cheers

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Re: Purchase of my first X350

Postby Brakebuster » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:37 pm

congrats Gordon

looks a lovely car

BB :D
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type

User avatar
GordonJ
Posts:361
Joined:Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Location:Doncaster. South Yorkshire

Re: Purchase of my first X350

Postby GordonJ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:43 pm

Thanks Paul, part ordered and I'll post the other bits and pieces you asked for in due course.
Vince, the XJ will leave this week I think and it's going into a collection. One thing though I can't find where to get the luxury car mats that were in the XJ, can you help ?
XJ6 X350 Sovereign
Chairman. Doncaster and District Region
Email. doncaster.district@gmail.com
Previous Jaguars.
XJ8 Sovereign in Seafrost
S Type in Red

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Re: Purchase of my first X350

Postby J44EAG » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:19 am

The liner comes rolled up, Gordon.

You will need a blower heater or an infra red lamp to get it to flatten out. Other wise it will roll back up again like a Network Rail cheese sandwich! Once you show it who is boss, its a good addition to the car.

Also worth doing the front sidelights to LED as per my recent post. That makes the car look more up to date and helps you become more visible.

Mike
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Re: Purchase of my first X350

Postby Brakebuster » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:42 am

Thanks Paul, part ordered and I'll post the other bits and pieces you asked for in due course.
Vince, the XJ will leave this week I think and it's going into a collection. One thing though I can't find where to get the luxury car mats that were in the XJ, can you help ?
cool ,

the mats that i had in the car were the full lambs wool set at around £800 , i don't know if they now sell this type of mat for the newer cars ?

i will keep an eye open though ,

what sort of colour , i think the ones in the XJ were ' coffee '

exciting times......getting a new car..... 8)

BB

just looked on ebay
are these the ones ? but i don't think they are ' jaguar ' branded ???
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-X351-X ... Swv0tVHVZs
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: Purchase of my first X350

Postby ptjs1 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:51 am

Gordon,

Nice-looking rugs, but they won't fit your x350. There are a number of after-market companies who now make sheepskin rugs, usually about 50% of genuine manufacturer rugs.

Good luck

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Re: Purchase of my first X350

Postby Brakebuster » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:05 pm

shame

i suppose , if someone knows a part number, then jaguar could be contacted to see if any are around ?


BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type

User avatar
GordonJ
Posts:361
Joined:Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Location:Doncaster. South Yorkshire

Re: Purchase of my first X350

Postby GordonJ » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:24 pm

Thanks to everyone with help regards mats, I'll keep looking as I am in no rush and I would only put them in on high days and holidays.
Mike; thank you for your tips I have been following your threads since I decided to go for this car and the lights are on my to do list. I have everything needed in my garage to get the mats flat Mike and hopefully it'll be here for next weekend.
Paul, a question if you don't mind. The paint code is CHB which I see as Radiance Metallic and the trim code would appear to be NED DY which I think is ivory but is the DY part.
I don't seem to be able to find a good web site for the codes. I had one when we got our first jaguars but can't seem to find it now. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Gordon
XJ6 X350 Sovereign
Chairman. Doncaster and District Region
Email. doncaster.district@gmail.com
Previous Jaguars.
XJ8 Sovereign in Seafrost
S Type in Red

User avatar
GordonJ
Posts:361
Joined:Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Location:Doncaster. South Yorkshire

Re: Purchase of my first X350

Postby GordonJ » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:50 pm

Hi Paul, (ptjs1)
at last I have found time to sit down and put down a few of the details that was of interest to yourself.
The car has covered 100.000 miles with full history up to 91881 from H.A. Fox Norwich and from then on, from my local Jag Specialist here in Armthorpe, Doncaster.
Colour is coded as CHB which to my knowledge is radiance metallic and interior is coded as NED DY which seems to be Ivory. Both exterior and interior are in mint condition and this is what prompted my wish for the car plus all I have read on here and in the magazine about the X350.
As yet I haven't managed a lot of miles but the few I have done in the car have impressed me greatly.
I hope you like the few pictures I have added here.
Attachments
8.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg
XJ6 X350 Sovereign
Chairman. Doncaster and District Region
Email. doncaster.district@gmail.com
Previous Jaguars.
XJ8 Sovereign in Seafrost
S Type in Red

User avatar
GordonJ
Posts:361
Joined:Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:24 pm
Location:Doncaster. South Yorkshire

Re: Purchase of my first X350

Postby GordonJ » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:51 pm

A few more.
Attachments
15.jpg
13.jpg
10.jpg
XJ6 X350 Sovereign
Chairman. Doncaster and District Region
Email. doncaster.district@gmail.com
Previous Jaguars.
XJ8 Sovereign in Seafrost
S Type in Red

Brakebuster
Posts:3145
Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
Location:Gloucester UK

Re: Purchase of my first X350

Postby Brakebuster » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:16 pm

V Nice M8

BB 8)
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior

old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests