My very first Jaguar!!

Moderators:Popsjag, J44EAG

bobthomas911772

Member
Posts:40
Joined:Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:40 pm
My very first Jaguar!!

Postby bobthomas911772 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:07 pm

Hello, Just wanted to say that my first 2006 Jaguar V6 was delivered today from London!! I have a few questions and I have put a message on the region section. I'm also wondering where I could obtain some prices for the window surround "chrome", they are OK but a little "mottled".
Overall it's in really good condition having done a tad over 40,000 miles, which is nice considering I bought it blind....I can hear collective screaming now... :roll:
I'd like to thank everybody who in the past has replied to my dense questions, and I'm really delighted to be a member of a great club.

steve_m
Posts:1441
Joined:Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 am
Location:Wiltshire

Re: My very first Jaguar!!

Postby steve_m » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:38 pm

Congratulations Bob!
We need some pictures.

bobthomas911772

Member
Posts:40
Joined:Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:40 pm

Re: My very first Jaguar!!

Postby bobthomas911772 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:02 pm

Thanks Steve, I will when I've sussed out how to post them!!

ptjs1

Member
Posts:3520
Joined:Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:14 pm
Location:Kent

Re: My very first Jaguar!!

Postby ptjs1 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:15 am

Well done Bob! Let's see the pictures!

As regards the side window brightwork. Lots of owners have an issue with deterioration of these anodised aluminium strips. Differing thoughts on how to resolve from careful micro-polishing, through to wipoing them periodically with ATF (my approach on my old x350!)

Looking forward to the pics!

Paul
1995 XJS 4.0 Convertible
1980 XJ-S Pre-HE
Jaguar 4.2 Supercharged engine (but not with a Jaguar body..)

bobthomas911772

Member
Posts:40
Joined:Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:40 pm

Re: My very first Jaguar!!

Postby bobthomas911772 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:54 pm

Hi Paul,
Just a quick update about the polishing the "chrome" trim. I've tried 4,000 glass paper, Autosol, and toothpaste. All seem to improve the finish. Youtube seem to be good but will hopefully experiment over the weekend. The toothpaste and vinegar system sound interesting... :shock:


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests