Something dripping N/S underneath

Moderators:Popsjag, J44EAG

Davidqhog

Member
Posts:140
Joined:Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:59 pm
Something dripping N/S underneath

Postby Davidqhog » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:28 pm

Hi Gang, as I walked away from the car yesterday, noticed a line of damp patches which plainly came from the car. On looking underneath, I could see something dripping (a slow drip) from the N/S about level with the door front edge and the other side of the exhaust pipe I think. The damp patches on the tarmac disappeared within 10 minutes and when I tried to get a drip on my hand, it didn't smell like petrol and didn't seem oily. Would this just be the A/C condensation or should I be looking for something more worrying?

Regards,

David Q

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Re: Something dripping N/S underneath

Postby J44EAG » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:47 pm

I`ve had this on my X350 during hot weather with the A/C having worked hard. An ice cream container pushed under the car to collect fluid confirmed in my case that it was condensation....it has to drop out somewhere!

Try the same thing and catch some fluid to confirm. Without confirming what you have, diagnosis is impossible.

Mike K
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR

Davidqhog

Member
Posts:140
Joined:Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:59 pm

Re: Something dripping N/S underneath

Postby Davidqhog » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:03 pm

Thanks Mike. I noted that the coolant was down too so I think maybe a trip to the vet may be in order.

User avatar
BrianG

Member
Posts:461
Joined:Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:23 pm
Location:West Sussex

Re: Something dripping N/S underneath

Postby BrianG » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:16 am

Odds on it's the condensate from the air conditioning. If the car is perfectly level it can drip from both sides otherwise it will drip from just the lower side.
Brian
2006 X350 3.5 V8 Sport Premium in Midnight / Ivory
1969 Triumph Daytona rider
Previous XJs:
X350 2.7 TDVi in Westminster Blue / Barley
X308 4.0 V8 in Meteorite / Warm Charcoal
X300 3.2 in Spruce / Barley
XJ40 3.2 Sport in Gunmetal / Saville Grey

rosemary

Member
Posts:418
Joined:Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:00 pm
Location:Stokenchurch

Re: Something dripping N/S underneath

Postby rosemary » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:16 pm

If its Pink in the ice cream tub its the CW inlet into the block. See jan 2019 Mag its a b''''''''''dy awful job put can be done.
Dave
Dave Hart
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D Scrapped
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury

Alan C

Member
Posts:29
Joined:Sat May 30, 2020 9:20 am
Location:Salisbury

Re: Something dripping N/S underneath

Postby Alan C » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:35 pm

Usually, Condensation from the A/C as others have indicated.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest