Afternoon All,
I know everyone is going to hate this, but I feel the need for a "what's it worth thread" as its not my car and a bereaved friend has asked for my help. I think it might be worthy of a magazine article at some point. Here goes...
2009 / 09 Jaguar XF Premium Luxury 3.0 V6 petrol, FSH, 1 owner from new, 3,210 miles. One of several luxury cars owned by the deceased. Garaged all its life. Not a mark or blemish anywhere. Bought and used to tour Scotland when new then not really used much after that.
First MoT 2012 recorded 2,235 miles - Last MoT 2020 recorded 3,208. Not a barn find - always maintained, taxed and mot'ed - just not really used. Owner was a JEC member.
Cheers, Rich
2009 XF Premium Lux - 3K miles ?!?
Moderator:cawthrm
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 HE 5-speed manual
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535
Re: 2009 XF Premium Lux - 3K miles ?!?
I have the same model and year £3870 to £4500, someone might pay £6000 if they didn't know any better or really wanted one . Bit worried about my car though, now 450 miles short of 100,000 miles and nothing has gone really wrong with it ,on a Maintenance Plan in all that time, Just been told it's ending at this annual service, asked if this was because the car was "old". Brakes are a bit iffy at the moment though, warped Nearside front disc I think , to be fixed next week, first extra job to date before it's last service at Jaguar.
Dave Hart
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D Scrapped
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D Scrapped
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
Re: 2009 XF Premium Lux - 3K miles ?!?
Thanks for the reply. Assuming there is no desire to stay with a main dealer outside of a service plan then now would be a good time to consider a recommended independent Jaguar specialist who regularly works on XFs.
Returning on topic, I was thinking somewhere between £9K - £10k if sold via a garage on the basis that the car is in exceptional condition and I have not come across another from 2009 with just over 3K miles. I know that the XF perhaps does not yet have the same "cult" following as a Jaguar X350, but maybe £10K versus £15K for a similar mileage X350 might be a fair comparison. I know that a private sale price would be considerably less that a garage forecourt price.
Returning on topic, I was thinking somewhere between £9K - £10k if sold via a garage on the basis that the car is in exceptional condition and I have not come across another from 2009 with just over 3K miles. I know that the XF perhaps does not yet have the same "cult" following as a Jaguar X350, but maybe £10K versus £15K for a similar mileage X350 might be a fair comparison. I know that a private sale price would be considerably less that a garage forecourt price.
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 HE 5-speed manual
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535
1994 Jaguar XJ40 Sovereign
2003 Jaguar S-TYPE R
2006 Jaguar XJ Sovereign TDVi
2007 Mercedes CLK350 Convertible
2010 BMW E92 3 Series Coupe
Past:
1996 Daimler Six LWB
2004 Volvo S60 D5 (RICA 210bhp)
1985 E28 BMW M535
Re: 2009 XF Premium Lux - 3K miles ?!?
Just for clarity the first two figures quoted were trade-in against XF’s in the £14,000 bracket with around 30k- 40k miles on them. I keep thinking about getting another one but hesitate because mine has been really good all these years not like the S-Type which is more like a body with all new parts. However I keep this car, the S because I’m attached to it through all the sweat and tears I’ve put in to it and with 151,549 miles on the clock and worth the cost of fours tyres it’s not worth selling. I think that is what defines an “Enthusiast ”.
Dave Hart
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D Scrapped
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D Scrapped
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
Re: 2009 XF Premium Lux - 3K miles ?!?
Just an update on the juddering brakes.It wasn't the nearside disc, it was the offside disc. On removal a close inspection showed a rough patch on the brake surface over about 6 inches around the face plus a perceptible ripple when running fingers over it. The ripple matched the pattern of the vent casting in the disc. In general the disc was not worn.
Dave Hart
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D Scrapped
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D Scrapped
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
-
londondaz804

- Posts:11
- Joined:Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:43 pm
Re: 2009 XF Premium Lux - 3K miles ?!?
Amazing mileage, reckon you could get as much as £15k if you can find someone who really wants one, suspect would sell quicker between £10-£12k.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
