Page 1 of 1

Telepeage badges and heated windscreens

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:28 am
by richleighton739
Hi All,
I have just upgraded my old XF to a new XF which has a heated windscreen. As we travel to France a lot I have a telepeage badge for using the automatic barriers on the autoroutes.
My new car has a heated windscreen. The instructions for the badge say to fit it in the black dotted area behind the rear view mirror as this is clear of the heating elements. However, with the large box behind the mirror (containing cameras/sensors?) there doesn't seem to be any room to fit the badge.

I've checked the handbook and the Jag website, but no luck. Has anyone got any advice on fitting so that I can be sure the badge will work?

Thanks,

Richard

Re: Telepeage badges and heated windscreens

Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:48 pm
by t.keith75498
hi im keith andnew to the club but u fund that a word with the main agent a quick call to jaguar landrover uk tecknical and they will give you a answer

Re: Telepeage badges and heated windscreens

Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:09 pm
by rosemary
Hello Rich
I've fitted my Telepeage detector in the position as described in the instructions, the blackened area, and I have a heated screen . I have had no problems over several years including when I had a screen replacement and the technician replaced it on the new screen in the same position.

Dave

Re: Telepeage badges and heated windscreens

Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:07 pm
by richleighton739
Thanks for the replies.
I attached it as tight as I could against the plastic box and we had no issues at all. Sailed through the telepeages without a hiccup.