A genuine question, will two sheets of 4ft square plywood (ie an 8x4ft sheet cut in half) fit in the back of an XF estate with seats folded? It must be inside the car with the rear closed and not on the roof rack. I suppose I could walk to my dealer with said plywood in hand but they already hide and try to avoid me!
Yes I know it's a rather odd question but it reflects reality in my case. No good Jaguar quoting 'X' amount of litres space, that means nothing in real life.
Thanks, Pop
Will it fit?
Moderator:cawthrm
Re: Will it fit?
Hi Pop,
I love a man that wants to use his XF for practical things......as far as I can see from consulting Dr. Google the answer to your question is ‘No’. It’s too narrow at the narrowest point. 4’x 4’ won’t go in flat or diagonally through the boot opening.
You need a plan ‘B’
Rod
I love a man that wants to use his XF for practical things......as far as I can see from consulting Dr. Google the answer to your question is ‘No’. It’s too narrow at the narrowest point. 4’x 4’ won’t go in flat or diagonally through the boot opening.
You need a plan ‘B’
Rod
Ex 2010 XF 3.0 Luxury Diesel
Ex 2004 XK8 Coupe
Ex 2004 XK8 Coupe
Re: Will it fit?
Thanks guys
Two years ago I had a loaded cheque book and a fountain pen poised to buy an XE. I found that there wasn't even a hatchback version let alone an estate. I looked at the then XF, only diseasel versions, no thanks. I was told no more estates as the F Pace was coming. I looked at one. I could not believe what a small and high up load space you got for an auful lot of money. Simarly Espace and Ispace had no chance.
I almost hate to admit it on here but I ended up buying a Citroen C4 Picasso, loaded with many options for a lot less then anything Jaguar had to offer. Ive had it nearly two years and it hasn't had one problem. It carries the 4ft square plywood, it carries 5 people (ok, not at the same time!) it has sufficient performance for everyday driving and good economy (49mpg on a run, 1.2 turbo 3 cyl petrol, 130 bhp).
So, two years on and I still love the Jaguar Marque but there still seems nothing to suit my requirements. Yes of course I would love a F type as well as a sensible everyday car, but it seems Jaguar cannot even provide this at the moment?
Two years ago I had a loaded cheque book and a fountain pen poised to buy an XE. I found that there wasn't even a hatchback version let alone an estate. I looked at the then XF, only diseasel versions, no thanks. I was told no more estates as the F Pace was coming. I looked at one. I could not believe what a small and high up load space you got for an auful lot of money. Simarly Espace and Ispace had no chance.
I almost hate to admit it on here but I ended up buying a Citroen C4 Picasso, loaded with many options for a lot less then anything Jaguar had to offer. Ive had it nearly two years and it hasn't had one problem. It carries the 4ft square plywood, it carries 5 people (ok, not at the same time!) it has sufficient performance for everyday driving and good economy (49mpg on a run, 1.2 turbo 3 cyl petrol, 130 bhp).
So, two years on and I still love the Jaguar Marque but there still seems nothing to suit my requirements. Yes of course I would love a F type as well as a sensible everyday car, but it seems Jaguar cannot even provide this at the moment?
Re: Will it fit?
Here you go, I'm dead certain that this will do the job:
http://www.wilcox.uk/jaguar-xf/?v=79cba1185463
http://www.wilcox.uk/jaguar-xf/?v=79cba1185463
Re: Will it fit?
Thought I'd try to score one for Germany by measuring up my Audi A6 but, like Teutonic World Cup ambitions, I was overreaching.
A 4ft sheet will not quite go in diagonally - the span is 47 inches but too small is too small!
A 4ft sheet will not quite go in diagonally - the span is 47 inches but too small is too small!
Re: Will it fit?
I like Steve's suggestion, could also go camping in it as well
The Frechies do seem to build very practical cars. Picture an XJS bonnet, it is big, very BIG! yet I transported one quite easily in my previous Berlingo car.
The Frechies do seem to build very practical cars. Picture an XJS bonnet, it is big, very BIG! yet I transported one quite easily in my previous Berlingo car.
- RichardSEL
- Posts:845
- Joined:Thu May 26, 2016 6:29 pm
Re: Will it fit?
I carried a Mk IX bonnet with my Passat SEL Estate ('06MY)
Obviously not in it. But on the roof
Erm, I'll get me coat
Obviously not in it. But on the roof
Erm, I'll get me coat
Gone: '59 Mark I, '56 Mark VIIM, '59 Mark IX, '01 XJ8 Sovereign 4L LWB, '01 XJ8 Sport 3.2L, '01 XJ8 Exec 3.2L
Current: '03 Strange Rover L322
Completing re-trim: '73 Owen Sedanca 4.2L
Now being re-built: '61 Mark IX with 4.2L
Current: '03 Strange Rover L322
Completing re-trim: '73 Owen Sedanca 4.2L
Now being re-built: '61 Mark IX with 4.2L
Re: Will it fit?
3 seat leather Chesterfield in the back of an Audi A6 Allroad with the tailgate shut.
One of the most unreliable cars I have ever owned.
One of the most unreliable cars I have ever owned.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

