Well,
What do you think?
http://www.customcarmag.co.uk/features/ ... dog-spirit
James
MK8?
Moderators:robv12, ptjs1, cstorey
-
stuarthardy

- Posts:488
- Joined:Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 pm
- Location:North Shropshire
Re: MK8?
I know I shouldn't, but I actually like it.
Always loved 50's Lead sleds and this looks as good as any Mercury?
Lead me to the pillory, then.................
Always loved 50's Lead sleds and this looks as good as any Mercury?
Lead me to the pillory, then.................
Stuart
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
- jBlackwell

- Posts:1055
- Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
- Location:Cwmbran
Re: MK8?
I think you are excused Stuart, I really like it too, for all the wrong reasons.
James
James
-
ecosselynx
- Posts:265
- Joined:Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:08 am
- Location:Magnou, France
Re: MK8?
Hi
I also like it, maybe not quite my colour, but I think the lad has good a balance from the photo, it might be worth an article in the magazine giving more detail on how it all come together and what was involved, it also might appeal to younger members.
I also like it, maybe not quite my colour, but I think the lad has good a balance from the photo, it might be worth an article in the magazine giving more detail on how it all come together and what was involved, it also might appeal to younger members.
bye-o
John H.
John H.
-
stuarthardy

- Posts:488
- Joined:Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 pm
- Location:North Shropshire
Re: MK8?
Yeah well, its just an old car. Isn't it?
Stuart
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
Re: MK8?
Not for me Im afraid
Waste of a classic Jaguar
Clive
(Car- Nut)
MK7, 8 & 9 Forum Co-ordinator
&
MK10 420G Forum Co-ordinator
1970 - 420G - WiP
1962 - E-Type FHC
1997 - X330 4.0
(Car- Nut)
MK7, 8 & 9 Forum Co-ordinator
&
MK10 420G Forum Co-ordinator
-
stuarthardy

- Posts:488
- Joined:Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 pm
- Location:North Shropshire
Re: MK8?
Yes, Clive. That's a valid answer as well. Clearly its not for everyone and what a dull place this world would be etc.....
There are a lot of customised/modified cars (including Jaguars) out there that I think are a waste of a classic car but these are usually what I consider to be ugly and/or tasteless examples. Whatever you might think of this particular car, it appears to be extremely well executed and can be admired for the workmanship, if nothing else.
There are a few really tastelessly modified Jaguars that regularly appear out and about and some have even been featured in the club magazine, so they must appeal to somebody.
So, what degree of modification is acceptable on a Jaguar and is this degree variable depending upon the age and desirability of the car? Lynx Eventer vs Wolfrace XJS pickup? Lightweight E-Type replica vs E-Type Hearse?
Let's discuss
There are a lot of customised/modified cars (including Jaguars) out there that I think are a waste of a classic car but these are usually what I consider to be ugly and/or tasteless examples. Whatever you might think of this particular car, it appears to be extremely well executed and can be admired for the workmanship, if nothing else.
There are a few really tastelessly modified Jaguars that regularly appear out and about and some have even been featured in the club magazine, so they must appeal to somebody.
So, what degree of modification is acceptable on a Jaguar and is this degree variable depending upon the age and desirability of the car? Lynx Eventer vs Wolfrace XJS pickup? Lightweight E-Type replica vs E-Type Hearse?
Let's discuss
Stuart
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
Re: MK8?
Love it, cos he's done it , not just talked about it. I would'nt want it.
Had one for years, well before the E type was born. Great days, no speed limit just 30mph in town and four gallons of Esso Golden for a Quid. Yep- 18 litres of 100 Octain for One Pound Stirling
Oldtimer
Had one for years, well before the E type was born. Great days, no speed limit just 30mph in town and four gallons of Esso Golden for a Quid. Yep- 18 litres of 100 Octain for One Pound Stirling
Oldtimer
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest