Kent alloy hub cap fitting

Moderator:LJR

User avatar
Jaguar_Enthusiast

Member
Posts:108
Joined:Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:41 pm
Kent alloy hub cap fitting

Postby Jaguar_Enthusiast » Sat May 17, 2014 6:42 am

I'm fitting Kent alloys to my car for the first time.

Try as I might I can't get the hub caps to stay on the front wheels when I tighten the wheel nuts - largely I think due to the differing hub shapes front and rear - the caps become detached from the three pointed retaining clip.

Does anyone have any hints or tips on how best to get these hub caps to stay on please?

Thank you.

User avatar
piman
Posts:1183
Joined:Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:32 pm
Location:Oswestry

Re: Kent alloy hub cap fitting

Postby piman » Sat May 17, 2014 11:39 am

Hello 53v12,

a slightly messy solution, but smear some silicone sealant to 'glue' the caps in position. They can still be removed when necessary.

Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome

User avatar
Jaguar_Enthusiast

Member
Posts:108
Joined:Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:41 pm

Re: Kent alloy hub cap fitting

Postby Jaguar_Enthusiast » Sun May 18, 2014 6:43 am

Thanks for the advice - I will give this a try.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests