Squeak
Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:04 pm
Has anyone had the same issue, my 1999 XJR gets a high pitched squeak when it starts from cold, but only when its been raining and once warm the noise goes.
Its not the same noise you get when a water pump is about to die and it goes even when cold when the revs are lifted just above idle speed, only to return until the car has reached a good temperature, or gone around 3 miles.
It does not appear when there has been no rain!
Its in daily use so lives on the drive, I cannot identify a specific location it may come from, but have been advised that it may be a belt or a bearing on something like a pulley, any Ideas anyone? or have I developed a mouse infestation!!
Its not the same noise you get when a water pump is about to die and it goes even when cold when the revs are lifted just above idle speed, only to return until the car has reached a good temperature, or gone around 3 miles.
It does not appear when there has been no rain!
Its in daily use so lives on the drive, I cannot identify a specific location it may come from, but have been advised that it may be a belt or a bearing on something like a pulley, any Ideas anyone? or have I developed a mouse infestation!!