What is the recommended engine oil for a 1973 XJ6 4.2L auto?

Moderator:LJR

jagmanuk

Member
Posts:31
Joined:Thu May 28, 2009 1:08 pm
What is the recommended engine oil for a 1973 XJ6 4.2L auto?

Postby jagmanuk » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:24 pm

Synthetic - Semi Synthetic ??? What does it all mean? Are there any recommendations as to what oil to use and the best place to buy it? E-bay, Halfords, Service station.... I could not find anything about this topic in the club magazine archives which surprised me!

User avatar
555ttg
Posts:169
Joined:Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:31 pm

Re: What is the recommended engine oil for a 1973 XJ6 4.2L a

Postby 555ttg » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:50 pm

CASTROL GTX 20w50, factory filter, change oil & filter every 3000 miles for a happy engine!
:wink:
1973 Series 1 XJ12 SWB
1977 Series 2 XJ6C
1987 XJ-S 5.3 litre auto Cabriolet
1989 LISTER modified XJ40
1993 XJS 4.0 litre Manual facelift

jagmanuk

Member
Posts:31
Joined:Thu May 28, 2009 1:08 pm

Re: What is the recommended engine oil for a 1973 XJ6 4.2L a

Postby jagmanuk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:11 pm

Thanks for the reply, I only do around 750 miles a year so I guess I change it at every MOT

User avatar
555ttg
Posts:169
Joined:Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:31 pm

Re: What is the recommended engine oil for a 1973 XJ6 4.2L a

Postby 555ttg » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:25 pm

I change my oil & filter every 3000 miles OR 3 months, but I am a bit obsessive! :shock:
1973 Series 1 XJ12 SWB
1977 Series 2 XJ6C
1987 XJ-S 5.3 litre auto Cabriolet
1989 LISTER modified XJ40
1993 XJS 4.0 litre Manual facelift


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest