Page 1 of 1

1977 XJ6C fires into life~!

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:22 pm
by 555ttg
Well I finally got my project car to fire and start over the weekend! I am really pleased with having done so, as all the other systems were operational, electrically, save for the flashers, which I have decided is a dead flasher unit. I got some help from my mates to get the car into my workshop,and finally was able to get the car to start,(not for long), with some ether sprayed into the carbs. Lots more work to do, not least of which is interior and bodywork, but it gives me enthusiasm to go the whole hog. I will need to source a pair of the submersible type fuel pumps, and to clean out the tanks, but the adventure begins!

Re: 1977 XJ6C fires into life~!

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:49 pm
by jBlackwell
How cool,
I am going through an adventure getting a 1978 XJ12 (Saloon) up and running.
Ken Jenkins runs a spares department of sorts, I managed to get a fuel tank, front valance and other bits from him. May be able to supply you with fuel pumps. 01909 733209, Speak to Annie or Ken, failing that good old SNG Barratt.
What interior do you have? I know a guy who can bring leather interior back to life, looking like very good, well kept original interior.

Re: 1977 XJ6C fires into life~!

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:17 am
by 555ttg
A previous owner had the seats re-done in leather in a non-standard pattern which honestly, wasn't bad, but the dunce left the seats in a leaky shed or something and all the money he spent on them was a total waste, so I have 'skins' from other series 1 and 2 cars which I have saved, and may use them on the seat frames etc. I've also got a set of black, as new, seats from a '97 XJR which would look lovely, but I don't think I want to b**ger about with electrical looms to power the seats!
I am toying with the series 3 bumpers, and grill, as well as the tail lights and door handles. Then the series 3 dash, so maybe series 3 seats......I also have a 4.0 litre XJ40 TWR XJR engine which I may slot in for economy and performance.....at this point it is like a blank canvas so......hmmmm maybe a 6.0 litre V12 with 6 speed???????
I haven't really made up my mind which way to go with the car. I have just sold my MGB GT which has taken me 4 years ground up restoration, and the wife wants me to tackle the MkIII Cooper S that I brought over a few years ago! So many projects so little time!!!
Any input would be welcomed!
:lol:

Re: 1977 XJ6C fires into life~!

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:21 pm
by jthorne
Great to see another coupe being brought back to life!