Page 1 of 1

New XJ Convertible

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:36 pm
by jBlackwell
A company called NCE has created a New XJ convertible. Just wondered what you all thought?

http://www.insideline.com/jaguar/xj-ser ... tible.html

Re: New XJ Convertible

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:57 pm
by almcl
I think the back end, up or down, looks awful.

The smooth lines of the vehicle are completely destroyed by the ugly lumps and bumps.

Looks like a typical piece of tasteless american tat.

And a web designer that insists users change their screen resolution to meet the requirements of his cr@p design deserves a good kicking.

Re: New XJ Convertible

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:24 pm
by 555ttg
Oh, that's a bit harsh......(lol), I don't think that anything done to the new "XJ" could possibly improve or detract from what has been generally received and perceived on this side of the Pond as a CHRYSLER! To call that monstrosity a Jaguar, beggars belief!

Re: New XJ Convertible

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:14 pm
by Montana5
My reply on the other/new XJ section...

If there is no scuttle shake on that conversion, then its congratulations to NCE, however I would like to have been able to see the strengthening roof bars a bit clearer than in the taster pictures.
I just think the XJ is too big a car for a Convertible model...not my cup of tea.

Re: New XJ Convertible

Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:27 pm
by XjRestorations
Yikes!
One question........why?!