Beaulieu Southern day

Moderator:LJR

User avatar
XjRestorations
Posts:216
Joined:Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:36 pm
Location:East Sussex
Contact:
Beaulieu Southern day

Postby XjRestorations » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:48 pm

Apologies for a delay here - I have been away and trying to play catch up now.

Who's coming to JEC Southern Day?!

It is a great venue, and I will have Sue Headleys XJ12 S3, and the S1 XJ12 recently seen in JWM on the forum stand - and with luck - MWK 28G will be there. MWK is the famous 2.8 tested by Norman dewis at length, and driven through France and Spain on test for many magazines. The car is widely known and a lovely old thing. We have had the pleasure of working on her over the years.

A show artcile in thsi months magazine commented on how few Series 1's seem to attend shows - it would be graet to change this with Beaulieu this year!

All the best,
Keith

dg4cars
Posts:57
Joined:Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:22 am

Re: Beaulieu Southern day

Postby dg4cars » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Sorry wont be able to make Beaulieu as I am based in Ireland so a bit far to travel. Regarding lack of Series 1 at shows I proudly display my 1973 Daimler Sovereign 2.8 Series 1 at many shows here in Southern Ireland and so far this year she has won the Motoring Icon award at one show and 1st place Vintage Car Award at another. Both prizes came as a complete surprise as in one case I wasnt even aware that the car was going to be judged. Just goes to show that the beauty of these cars is appreciated by many classic car enthusiasts. Derek


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests