Speedo angle drive
Posted: Wed May 29, 2024 5:22 pm
XJ12 series 2
After some haywire behaviour by my speedo, it’s now given up altogether.
Strong suspicion is that the speedo end angle drive has failed. I’m getting rotation from the speedo cable while the car is moving. The angle drive however only engages intermittently when I try spinning it by hand.
I’ve tried seeking a replacement - neither Barratt nor Manners were able to help; apparently it’s “discontinued”.
I’ve been trawling second hand land online but no joy at the moment.
In the meantime I wondered if anyone out there had any success in trying to get one of these drives repaired or refurbished? Seems like something that could be prone to failure every so often so I thought I’d be able to track down a repair or exchange service.
Thank you.
After some haywire behaviour by my speedo, it’s now given up altogether.
Strong suspicion is that the speedo end angle drive has failed. I’m getting rotation from the speedo cable while the car is moving. The angle drive however only engages intermittently when I try spinning it by hand.
I’ve tried seeking a replacement - neither Barratt nor Manners were able to help; apparently it’s “discontinued”.
I’ve been trawling second hand land online but no joy at the moment.
In the meantime I wondered if anyone out there had any success in trying to get one of these drives repaired or refurbished? Seems like something that could be prone to failure every so often so I thought I’d be able to track down a repair or exchange service.
Thank you.