Why then have I now removed the rear bumper, fuel tank covers and fuel tanks
I have an incurable disease
Moderator:LJR
- stevewarbs
- Posts:38
- Joined:Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:49 pm
I promised SWMBO that when I started stripping out the rear cage to fix a caliper that I would only do what was necessary and get the car back on the road.
Why then have I now removed the rear bumper, fuel tank covers and fuel tanks

Why then have I now removed the rear bumper, fuel tank covers and fuel tanks
1971 Jaguar XJ6 Series 1 4.2 auto
1972 Landrover series III SWB
1974 Jensen Healey
1972 Landrover series III SWB
1974 Jensen Healey
Re: I have an incurable disease
Ah! You have a syndrome called "while I'm in there I'd just as well....."
I suffer from it chronically!
I suffer from it chronically!
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible
Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate
Re: I have an incurable disease
Also known as 'mission creep'.
- jBlackwell

- Posts:1055
- Joined:Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:19 pm
- Location:Cwmbran
Re: I have an incurable disease
Shipwrights disease,
It is prevalent in all walks of like http://www.team.net/archive/triumphs/19 ... 00621.html.
Did the same with my S2 XJ12. Went to replace the two quarter panels at the back, it now has, new inner and outer quarter panels, two new fuel tanks, new boot floor, new rear valence, new sills, floor pans front and back.
More suffer from it than we realise, I wonder if there is a program of recovery out there for it?
James
It is prevalent in all walks of like http://www.team.net/archive/triumphs/19 ... 00621.html.
Did the same with my S2 XJ12. Went to replace the two quarter panels at the back, it now has, new inner and outer quarter panels, two new fuel tanks, new boot floor, new rear valence, new sills, floor pans front and back.
More suffer from it than we realise, I wonder if there is a program of recovery out there for it?
James
James
2008 XF 4.2 ltr SV8.
Planet X Pro Carbon.
Planet X EC-130.
2008 XF 4.2 ltr SV8.
Planet X Pro Carbon.
Planet X EC-130.
-
Brakebuster
- Posts:3145
- Joined:Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:17 pm
- Location:Gloucester UK
Re: I have an incurable disease
yes,
More suffer from it than we realise, I wonder if there is a program of recovery out there for it?
James
finish what you start, lol
BB
1989 5.3ltr V12 XJS Coupé FULLY RESTORED
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
2015 2.2TD Sportbrake in BRG and black leather
1994 3.2S XJ40 in Morocco Red with Doeskin interior
old cars
1999 4ltr Sovereign XJ8
2004 X-Type
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
