This winters project

Moderator:LJR

User avatar
Tintin

Member
Posts:561
Joined:Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:51 am
This winters project

Postby Tintin » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:40 pm

I've been spending the children's inheritance again and have just bought myself a 1971 4.2 Daimler Sovereign. The blessed thing let me down twice on the way back home and embarrassed me at two roundabouts on the "A303". I'm convinced it is fuel so have stripped the SU's and AED this afternoon revealing some rather poor quality previous repairs and setting up and some perished air/breather/AED hoses. The tanks, filters and pumps were overhauled by the last owner so I'm hoping they are OK. Thereafter the old girl needs a suspension overhaul and much fettling which will keep me busy through the winter. I look forward to meeting some of you other XJ6/Daimler owners when I get her running reliably enough to get out and about at meetings and events.

Robbie
1996 4 litre XJS Celebration 2+2
Daimler Sovereign S1 4.2 1971

davidr

Moderator
Posts:2464
Joined:Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:31 pm
Location:Salisbury, Wilts

Re: This winters project

Postby davidr » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:59 am

Sounds like a fun winter!
I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.
Any pictures?
Regards
David
XJS FORUM COORDINATOR
1996 XJS Celebration Convertible 2001 XKR Convertible

Previously enjoyed!
1989 XJ-S V12 Coupe. 2006 XJ TDVi Sovereign. 1995 XJ6 3.2. 2013 XF 2.2d. 2009 X Type 2.0d Sovereign estate

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: This winters project

Postby mike020150 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:13 am

Enjoy yourself this winter and look forward to driving it next year. Once they are in cared for condition they drive so well, not like so many other 40 years old machines of that time. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S

User avatar
Tintin

Member
Posts:561
Joined:Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:51 am

Re: This winters project

Postby Tintin » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:15 pm

Yes, I look forward to getting it running and handling as it should be. The car was first registered the same year I got my first driving licence and at the time my favourite colours for the "new XJ6" were light blue and lilac. I haven't seen a lilac car for decades, but this light blue one fits the bill nicely. :D

The growing list of parts required tempts me to buy a few shares in SNG Barrett! :roll:

Sadly unable to upload photos as "....the board attachment quota has been reached"

Robbie
1996 4 litre XJS Celebration 2+2
Daimler Sovereign S1 4.2 1971

User avatar
J44EAG

Moderator
Posts:6239
Joined:Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Location:Warlingham Surrey/Faversham Kent

Re: This winters project

Postby J44EAG » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:36 pm

I`ve asked James to look at the board quota issue. This occurs from time to time. It is interesting to no that after I added quite a few images last night on a thread I`ve recently been constructing, that the quota message suddenly occurred on the X350 BB. It appears that the quota gets spread across all BB sections and once full, stops any more image loading until the issue gets sorted. Rest assured the matter is in hand.

Mike K
X350 Co-ordinator

2004 XJR


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests