Daimler Sovereign Coupe 1978 - Suspension Bushes
Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:22 pm
Hi all,
New owner here...my car needs lots of TLC...but it's basically sound and has a current MOT until april this year! My first priority is to get it driving well and through another MOT.
I'm intending to overhaul the brakes and suspension. There's lots of guidance on the web about dropping the IRS etc. However, what there's not much information about is whether using polybush bushes instead of the original rubber bushes is something that is good to do. There are many people saying that it only feels like a Jag using the rubber. But I like my cars to handle...so I was wondering if anyone on here has gone the polybush route...and did it spoil it, or is it now much better in terms of feel and road holding?
Thanks all,
J.
New owner here...my car needs lots of TLC...but it's basically sound and has a current MOT until april this year! My first priority is to get it driving well and through another MOT.
I'm intending to overhaul the brakes and suspension. There's lots of guidance on the web about dropping the IRS etc. However, what there's not much information about is whether using polybush bushes instead of the original rubber bushes is something that is good to do. There are many people saying that it only feels like a Jag using the rubber. But I like my cars to handle...so I was wondering if anyone on here has gone the polybush route...and did it spoil it, or is it now much better in terms of feel and road holding?
Thanks all,
J.