Page 1 of 1

Rust near fuel filler

Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:24 am
by drollie
I've got a little spot of rust coming through on the swage line just forward of the filler. Does anybody have ideas how water could be getting in there, please? I suspect the sunroof.
Also, I can't see between the double skins of the wing, either from inside the boot or the wheel arch. Has anybody removed the fuel filler neck, and will that give me access?
kindest regards, Ollie

Re: Rust near fuel filler

Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:19 pm
by k42tut
Hi Ollie
There is a drain hole within the fuel filler aperture, you may find yours is blocked, water should be able to drain away behind the wheel, a length of thin welding wire would clear it if blocked
Andy

Re: Rust near fuel filler

Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:47 am
by drollie
Thanks, Andy. That filler drain is (and was) fine, although I thought it was my sunroof drain at first - to much confusion ;-)
Have you ever taken your filler assembly out?
Ollie