Page 1 of 1

JEC Racing

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:22 pm
by neilb659318
Evening all

I have a 2000 s type 3.0 .Its a manual and very solid . It has 50k on a brand harry spankers main dealer supplied engine.
I am seriously considering having a go at the a class saloons in JEC or at the very least building a competent track day car to the class a specs.
Does anyone have any advice or ideas please ? So far its going to be coilovers,17" wheels with toyo 888r tyres EBC grooved and dimpled discs and pads. Full polybush suspension. Ultra racing strut braces . Straight through rear pipes . Scholar flowed and ported heads and obviously a remap . Oh and a proper roll cage Have i missed anything or does anyone have any suggestions. All ideas gratefully received and any humour appreciated . Yes i do understand this may feel good for a while and may be akin to standing in a cold shower ripping up £50 notes
Thanks in advance

Re: JEC Racing

Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:47 am
by Ryan. xjr
Hi Neil
I'm also building an S type track car. 99' manual on 36k.

Mine will just be a track car I can have fun in, no matter how hilariously terrible it might be compared to others on the day, it's still a jaaaaaaaaag on track which you just don't see these days out of the JEC series.

You sound like you want to be a little more financially invested in yours than me. And your not wrong about tipping £50 notes up haha. The general aftermarket for these is non existent I've found, and those parts that do exists, require a good few £50 notes indeed.

Il keep an eye out for your updates so please post if any. Il get up a build thread soon myself, as I cant find much info and help anywhere.

Re: JEC Racing

Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:08 pm
by neilb659318
Hiya
Yeah its a bit comical ....Polybushes £1000 .....Shocks £1000 .....tyres £700 . Roll cage £1000 Brakes 600.Heads ? well it could be from 300 to 800
. Obviously that's each ... Pipes 250 strut braces 150 each
I'm trying to find a quick shift kit but feel i will have to sell a kidney to finance that
remap and rolling rd sesh .....Piece of string .

I was really hoping for some valid input from race people but so far ......Zilch
Oh well
Its gonna take longer than i thought LOL

Best care .

Re: JEC Racing

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:23 pm
by JimMann
Hi Neil, just a thought, but if you were hoping for input from the JEC Racing people, who are more than willing to assist and help where they can, should you not have posted this thread in the JEC Racing Bulletin Board further down the page? I know that some people only read their applicable Forum / Bulletin Board, so there's a good chance that your request has gone unnoticed, being in the S-type Bulletin Board.
Jim