Apologies if this has been covered before. I have looked through the archive but didn't find any relevant posts.
I have only one working key for my May 2000 4l V8 but have acquired a second remote and blank Jaguar key with the immobiliser chip.
My question is what is the correct procedure for programming the remote fob so that it also locks & unlocks the car? It is a three button version separate from the key. I have tried all the various combinations found on the internet of multiple on-offs on the ignition switch and the same but with the headlamp flasher but none of these results in the chime that indicates the system is in programming mode.
Has anyone successfully done this with a UK car of this age? I have read various comments that the procedure is the same as X Type but that definitely does not work on my car.
Any help appreciated as well as any thoughts about getting the spare key cut and programmed. FYI Timpson will not do it if they don't supply the key.
TIA
Eric
Programming Additional Remote Entry Fob
Moderators:GJS-typeR, Montana5
Re: Programming Additional Remote Entry Fob
My 2002 V8 had the same issue as yours Eric, when I lost a key over the side of the boat. The floating key ring didn`t work. So I was faced with the same dilemma and obtained a new blank and fob/chip unit. Then the fun started. I`d have been better off ringing a local car key mobile operator and just leaving it to him to sort out as a complete package.
In the end I dropped over to my local independent Jag guy and he sorted it out for fifty quid.
The old lost key code reference had to be removed from the car electronic system and the new key and fob sync`d with the car. The remaining key had to stay with the car whilst the new one was worked on. I came away thinking modern keys and cars are a bit of a specialised area.
Moral of the story. Once you have two working keys, guard them with your life!
Mike
In the end I dropped over to my local independent Jag guy and he sorted it out for fifty quid.
The old lost key code reference had to be removed from the car electronic system and the new key and fob sync`d with the car. The remaining key had to stay with the car whilst the new one was worked on. I came away thinking modern keys and cars are a bit of a specialised area.
Moral of the story. Once you have two working keys, guard them with your life!
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Re: Programming Additional Remote Entry Fob
Hi Mike,
May have to do the same but hoping to avoid it. I have a Mongoose and the software but it keeps telling me the car is too old and that I need install a Legacy version (which I have but no username and password).
Eric
May have to do the same but hoping to avoid it. I have a Mongoose and the software but it keeps telling me the car is too old and that I need install a Legacy version (which I have but no username and password).
Eric
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

