Page 1 of 1

Saying hi and a question about wheel sizes please.

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:22 pm
by spikewill36755
I have just bought my first Jaguar. 2001 s-type, at the moment it has 16 inch wheels with 225-55-r16 tyres. I have some 17 inch jaguar wheels with 235-55-r17 tyres. Will these fit without rubbing, or will I need to fit spacers. Thanks in advance , oh and hi everyone. :evil: ☺☺☺

Re: Saying hi and a question please.

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:03 pm
by J44EAG
I`ve fitted 245/30/19 before on that year of S-type.

Mike K

Re: Saying hi and a question please.

Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:10 pm
by spikewill36755
Thanks Mike. I was making sure they would be ok to fit as new to this. Always only ran on original wheels, never tried to fit larger ones before.

Thanks again Graham

Re: Saying hi and a question please.

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:16 pm
by jeff1954
Hi Graham If the rolling radius is different it will alter your speedo.

Jeff

Re: Saying hi and a question please.

Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:07 pm
by J44EAG
A good tyre depot or indeed a Google search can sort out the correct rolling circumference of a tyre to ensure you get the appropriate rim/tyre sizes to suit original gearing spec. I had a local tyre place do this for me when I went from OE 16" rims to 19". Obviously the tyre percentage changed markedly and I ended up with as I recall, 30 or 35% profile. The ride hardened appreciably and I also had to particularly vigilant when driving on rough or potholed roads. Passengers noted that I always seemed to be weaving the car to avoid poorly maintained sections of road. Resident on the Isle of Wight for six months, I soon learned that the roads there were far from satisfactory and that the low profiles and big rims were hardly ideal for the Island. What I really should have been running was a Land Rover! One lives and learns!!

Mike K