Two low mileage complete 4.2 Bilstein shocks and springs
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:20 pm
I allow newsletter emails from Auto Reserve Parts to come to my mail bin. Andy, the owner advertises parts that he gets from Jaguars he breaks up. I have done business with him and have been well pleased.
I`ve sifted these dampers and springs from his other stuff and I think they are worth bringing to members attention. See his listing here.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:UK:LISTG
Only 500 miles covered, MY52 onwards, non cats, a pair of Bilstein cruising dampers and springs for a humble £50. Note these are not suitable for early cars which have a different bottom end mounting arrangement. A complete bargain in my opinion and well worth getting if you have a naturally aspirated non cats 4.2 S-type. if I were a 4.2 owner, I`d snap these up!
For interest my early model 30% gas uprated Bilstein front dampers alone cost £300 the pair, without springs.
Also listed is a 4.2 crankshaft. It is likely to fit a 4 litre if rods and bearings were available. It would take a brave man to do that conversion!
Mike
I`ve sifted these dampers and springs from his other stuff and I think they are worth bringing to members attention. See his listing here.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:UK:LISTG
Only 500 miles covered, MY52 onwards, non cats, a pair of Bilstein cruising dampers and springs for a humble £50. Note these are not suitable for early cars which have a different bottom end mounting arrangement. A complete bargain in my opinion and well worth getting if you have a naturally aspirated non cats 4.2 S-type. if I were a 4.2 owner, I`d snap these up!
For interest my early model 30% gas uprated Bilstein front dampers alone cost £300 the pair, without springs.
Also listed is a 4.2 crankshaft. It is likely to fit a 4 litre if rods and bearings were available. It would take a brave man to do that conversion!
Mike