Page 1 of 1

DPF Deap Clean by Halfords

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:24 am
by sheldon1
Has anyone used Halfords Deep Clean system of the diesel DPF Filter on any Jag S type diesel and was it successful?

Thanks Paul

Re: DPF Deap Clean by Halfords

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:42 pm
by J44EAG
Not used the Halfords system or service for obvious reasons having a petrol car, Paul.

As I got my XJR cleaned out at about 80k miles, you may recall I called Terraclean in to flush injectors and loosen and remove combustion by-products in combustion chamber and catalytic converters. Certainly in my opinion, £125 well spent with a noticeable difference in pick up away from a standing start. The Teraclean agent I used told me one of his main service items was cleaning out DPF units. I suspect the Halfords service would have similar meritorious effects. The Terraclean guy described it as being a bit of a messy job where seriously blocked DPF units were concerned.

I`d have thought a DPF clean would be money well spent, Paul.

All the best,

Mike

Re: DPF Deap Clean by Halfords

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:10 pm
by sheldon1
Thanks Mike for your thoughts. Been a bit cheeky here , I have to confess I do not have a S type diesel but still own my faithful 3.0 V6 stype petrol. I have bought a VW passat as a taxi and was not happy with the mpg, so I have booked into halfords for a DPF cleanout.
Used to be an Accountant , now at the age of 60 a Taxi driver how life turns its full circle.!!

Hope you are well Mike and that you are enjoying your Lovely X350 .

Best Wishes Paul