Sunroof problems

Moderators:GJS-typeR, Montana5

peterwagg774

Member
Posts:1
Joined:Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:20 pm
Sunroof problems

Postby peterwagg774 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:11 pm

I have just purchased a year 2000 3.0 s type. The sunroof doesn’t work either on the interior switch or on the door key but it has power to the module and the motor appears ok. The sliding glass is free to move. I think it safe to assume the control module has failed but a local Jag garage say they must perform a full diagnostic at £75 before they are willing to give an idea of cost. Do you think this is necessary?
How can I find out the correct part number if I decide to take a chance and just replace the control module.
Peter Wagg

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: Sunroof problems

Postby andypryce » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:09 pm

Their ‘full diagnostic’ likely means plugging in a code reader to see if any fault codes logged. You can do this yourself with a cheap OBD 2 reader off the internet. Plus is there any way of checking you have power to the motor when you press the button to activate it?
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests