Rigid Brake pipes

Moderators:GJS-typeR, Montana5

oldtimer
Posts:1311
Joined:Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:19 pm
Rigid Brake pipes

Postby oldtimer » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:29 pm

Mike K,
Thanks for high lighting the possibility of corrosion around the clip securing three rigid brake pipes on the inside, of the offside, front horizontal chassis leg.

Initial inspection appears to be OK . I used a torch and mirror which revealed a rubber insulator within the clip but need to have another go to be completely satisfied.

While I was there, I hoovered and washed out the two pockets in the bodywork that gather generous amounts of stone chips and road muck. These are located behind the front spring and have the potential for a major corrosion problem. As this has been previously attended too it only required a clean out and re-wax oiling.

P

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest