Up to the car park to J44 to get a left handed paint brush out of the boot.
Hit the unlock on the fob. NOTHING! Unlocked and relocked ok on the key. Tried the fob again, NOTHING AGAIN. Unlocked on the key OK, got the paint brush, relocked then double locked. Still nothing on the fob so tried a key unlock again which failed completely as did a key relock. Now I was locked out!!
Key unlock on the boot OK except the alarm did a tantrum. Walked away with the paint brush which I then discovered was the wrong size. Not doing very well. Feed up so abandoned the car thinking I`d walk to the shop and get a new fob battery.
Went back to the boat to get some cash, got way laid for half an hour and then started my walk passing J44 on the way. Decided to hit the key fob unlock button and the car opened as if nothing was ever wrong!!
Why did this happen? I wonder if perhaps the whole system had a funny five minutes. Double locking the car puts the car into its deepest sleep mode about twenty minutes after the last double lock. Leaving the car to sort itself out perhaps allowed sanity to reinstate itself.
Perfect again now. Bonkers car now going nuts in its old age. J44 and I have something in common.
Mike
Central locking goes bonkers then cures itself!
Moderators:GJS-typeR, Montana5
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Re: Central locking goes bonkers then cures itself!
You have me a bit worried now Mike, I have cut off the double lock on the two rear doors and the passenger side front door lock, but didn't do the drivers side as I had been informed by an AA man that the key in the drivers door overrode the double lock, apparently not!!!!
Brian
Brian
MY2000 3ltr S type manual standard car with leather seats, cruise control and mistral blue metallic paint.
1961 3.8 MkII manual, Indigo blue, nolonger runs on LPG, everything else uprated
1961 3.8 MkII manual, Indigo blue, nolonger runs on LPG, everything else uprated
Re: Central locking goes bonkers then cures itself!
It does just that, Brian. It xfytityfoXXes the whole yddur system!!!
J44 did it proper yesterday. Complete car strangled by Eric the Electron and his evil brotherly cohort! Near tears I was.
In nine years of S-type pandemonium, I`ve never had one like that before.
Out today and everything ok. But the reversing sensors have given up again. Long bleep when selecting reverse. My secretary, Mrs Clarke who I was taking out for lunch and afters was most unimpressed. Gave her a headache. Waste of a good lunch in my opinion.
Mike
J44 did it proper yesterday. Complete car strangled by Eric the Electron and his evil brotherly cohort! Near tears I was.
In nine years of S-type pandemonium, I`ve never had one like that before.
Out today and everything ok. But the reversing sensors have given up again. Long bleep when selecting reverse. My secretary, Mrs Clarke who I was taking out for lunch and afters was most unimpressed. Gave her a headache. Waste of a good lunch in my opinion.
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Re: Central locking goes bonkers then cures itself!
Jealousy.
That's what it is Mike J44 is trying to tell you that you are spending far to much time on that ruddy boat and not on her!
Jeff
That's what it is Mike J44 is trying to tell you that you are spending far to much time on that ruddy boat and not on her!
Jeff
S Type 2.7d SE Auto 2004 Now sold but still a lover of older Jags.
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

