What is this?

Moderators:GJS-typeR, Montana5

robertwilsher67886

Member
Posts:11
Joined:Thu May 06, 2021 4:53 pm
What is this?

Postby robertwilsher67886 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:12 pm

Is this the connection to a pump or a sensor?
BC77FCC3-7365-45A6-9D5C-85C1E2534608.jpeg

JimboV8

Member
Posts:149
Joined:Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: What is this?

Postby JimboV8 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:22 pm

A better quality photo would help. The pump should also be visible if the connector is for that, the sensor connector is slightly higher on the tank.
2012 XKR, Black pack, Aero pack, Speed pack 8) :mrgreen:
​Past:-87'XJS 3.6L, 93'XJ40 3.2L gold, 95'XJ6 4.0L sport, 00'XJ8 3.2L sport, 2005 XK8 4.2L, 2009 X150 5L Portfolio coupe, in that order and enjoyed all of 'em. :D

robertwilsher67886

Member
Posts:11
Joined:Thu May 06, 2021 4:53 pm

Re: What is this?

Postby robertwilsher67886 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:34 pm

Thanks… I just thought someone who has worked on one of these would know….
I want to put a direct 12 volt feed to it to check the pump is working if that’s what it is…if it’s a sensor that’s the last thing I want to do…

andypryce

Member
Posts:1276
Joined:Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:43 am
Location:Liverpool

Re: What is this?

Postby andypryce » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:32 pm

Pretty sure the pump sits on the tank not in it, so I think that's a sensor?
Andy

XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests