Boot opens every time I unlock the car.

Moderators:GJS-typeR, Montana5

User avatar
Flappers

Member
Posts:85
Joined:Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:24 am
Location:Stockport
Contact:
Boot opens every time I unlock the car.

Postby Flappers » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:46 pm

Hello again, so ever since we had a super hard frost every time I open the door and release the central locking the boot pops, same when u open the car via the fob. My local shop keeper finds it highly amusing each time I pull up for a bit of milk or something and I get out only for the boot to open :D Any thoughts anyone please?
Kind regards, Sam.
1989 Daimler Double Six
2002 STR

User avatar
Flappers

Member
Posts:85
Joined:Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:24 am
Location:Stockport
Contact:

Re: Boot opens every time I unlock the car.

Postby Flappers » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:37 am

Can anyone help please?
Kind regards, Sam.
1989 Daimler Double Six
2002 STR

jeff1954
Posts:719
Joined:Mon May 31, 2010 2:56 pm
Location:Stockport

Re: Boot opens every time I unlock the car.

Postby jeff1954 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:12 pm

Sam have you got a second fob that you can try. If it's still the same with that try a battery disconnect for 15 mins. Make sure you have your radio code before doing the latter.
Jeff
S Type 2.7d SE Auto 2004 Now sold but still a lover of older Jags.

Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2

User avatar
Flappers

Member
Posts:85
Joined:Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:24 am
Location:Stockport
Contact:

Re: Boot opens every time I unlock the car.

Postby Flappers » Tue May 04, 2021 8:40 am

Hi Jeff, I tried disconnecting the battery with no luck and haven't tried the other key fob yet. The boot will open as I open the door from inside after moving the car and it locks itself.
Kind regards, Sam.
1989 Daimler Double Six
2002 STR

User avatar
Andy P

Member
Posts:960
Joined:Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:51 am
Location:Plymouth,Devon,U.K. J.E.C.Member

Re: Boot opens every time I unlock the car.

Postby Andy P » Tue May 04, 2021 11:26 am

Hi Sam,
Have found this thread on Jaguarforums which might have a solution for you:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-ty ... red-31074/
Post No 7 seems to have an answer but read the whole thread as it gives another possible cause.
Hope you get it sorted,must be so frustrating for you.
Good luck.
Andy :D
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest