Page 1 of 1

Interior Lighting

Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:52 pm
by geeegs
Quick question; are the interior lights supposed to come on when you remove the key from the ignition? It was pointed out to me the other day, when a friend of mine questioned why we were kept in the dark after I'd taken the key out. On reflection, I remembered that my former X Type did turn on the interior lighting, and my X350 also does the same.

Re: Interior Lighting

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:40 pm
by rosemary
Hello geegs
Yes.
Assuming you are sitting in the car and have just stopped the engine, the lights come on when you switch off and remove the key. When you get out of the car and lock it, the lights go out. That's how it works on my 2005 2.7d,

Dave

Re: Interior Lighting

Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:56 pm
by geeegs
Thanks Dave. They illuminate when I open the door; I must admit it is a feature I hadn't realised I'd missed until I was made aware :lol: