Interior Lighting

Moderators:GJS-typeR, Montana5

geeegs

Member
Posts:35
Joined:Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:39 pm
Interior Lighting

Postby geeegs » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:52 pm

Quick question; are the interior lights supposed to come on when you remove the key from the ignition? It was pointed out to me the other day, when a friend of mine questioned why we were kept in the dark after I'd taken the key out. On reflection, I remembered that my former X Type did turn on the interior lighting, and my X350 also does the same.
04 XJ 3.5 SE Midnight Black | 04 S-Type 2.7d Sport Ultraviolet Blue

rosemary

Member
Posts:418
Joined:Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:00 pm
Location:Stokenchurch

Re: Interior Lighting

Postby rosemary » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Hello geegs
Yes.
Assuming you are sitting in the car and have just stopped the engine, the lights come on when you switch off and remove the key. When you get out of the car and lock it, the lights go out. That's how it works on my 2005 2.7d,

Dave
Dave Hart
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D Scrapped
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury

geeegs

Member
Posts:35
Joined:Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Re: Interior Lighting

Postby geeegs » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:56 pm

Thanks Dave. They illuminate when I open the door; I must admit it is a feature I hadn't realised I'd missed until I was made aware :lol:
04 XJ 3.5 SE Midnight Black | 04 S-Type 2.7d Sport Ultraviolet Blue


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest