The front/rear parking sensors, horn and headlight washers all refuse to work. I've replaced the horn and parking sensor module, checked fuses and swapped relays about but none of them still work. (The horn and sensors worked when I first bought the car). This got me thinking, do they all share the same earth point? I've seen an image of the earth locations in a pdf, but some seem more hidden than others I,e the boot Vs wheel arch
Thanks in advance
Earth Point locations
Moderators:GJS-typeR, Montana5
04 XJ 3.5 SE Midnight Black | 04 S-Type 2.7d Sport Ultraviolet Blue
Re: Earth Point locations
Hello Geegs
Just a thought when I removed the Glovebox to gain access to the the Climate Control ECM to replace it I obviously disconnected the Glovebox Light supply.
When I refitted the Box I forgot to to reconnect the Light Unit supply. I then found the Horn,Rear High Intensity Lights and the Fuel Cap release wouldn't work. I checked all the fuses shown in the Fuse Lists in the handbook to no avail. I then reconnected the the supply to the glove box light noting I'd forgot to do so. Strangely all worked after I did this, I still can't see the logic and the handbook is no use at all. Note if you remove the bulb in the unit everything works as normal, very odd.
Dave
Just a thought when I removed the Glovebox to gain access to the the Climate Control ECM to replace it I obviously disconnected the Glovebox Light supply.
When I refitted the Box I forgot to to reconnect the Light Unit supply. I then found the Horn,Rear High Intensity Lights and the Fuel Cap release wouldn't work. I checked all the fuses shown in the Fuse Lists in the handbook to no avail. I then reconnected the the supply to the glove box light noting I'd forgot to do so. Strangely all worked after I did this, I still can't see the logic and the handbook is no use at all. Note if you remove the bulb in the unit everything works as normal, very odd.
Dave
Dave Hart
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D Scrapped
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D Scrapped
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
