These sensors are a pain in the wotnot!
The slightest drop of rain and the system goes flat on its back....BEEEEEP! I hear it in my sleep, in the pub, sat on the loo etc, etc. It is ingrained in my soul!
It would appear every Jag of that period suffers the malady sooner or later. Why on Earth was this issue never resolved?
Mike
Reverse Sensors
Moderators:GJS-typeR, Montana5
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Re: Reverse Sensors
Quite agree. Bob Bate has been trying in vain to locate the control module on my XK for a week, we have agreed to give up now! Unusually my 350 never had an issue, but all the others have....
Andy
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
XF Sportbrake 2020 / XK8 1998
Re: Reverse Sensors
OK So here we go again. I purchased a second hand module from Eurojag and the situation was the the same, so armed with a new sensor from a main dealer I swapped each sensor in turn for the new one. I got the continuous note on all sensors apart from the N/S outer which worked as it should. So although the sensor was ticking as it should it must have been faulty in some way. So now all seems as it should be. The big test will be in the morning when I back the car out of the garage and down the side of the house.
Jeff
Jeff
S Type 2.7d SE Auto 2004 Now sold but still a lover of older Jags.
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Re: Reverse Sensors
I`ve grown an extra long thumb nail! I suppose a feeler guage would perform a similar function.
What I have discovered is that running that finger nail around in the gap between the centre portion of a sensor and the outer mounting ring, has often proved helpful. I suspect these units block up with polish, paint and grunge. The central portion of the sensor appears to move more easily after a bit of a clear out. I`m now finding the finger nail trick quite useful. Perhaps someone else could try it and see if they can obtain an improvement on their own car.
Mike
What I have discovered is that running that finger nail around in the gap between the centre portion of a sensor and the outer mounting ring, has often proved helpful. I suspect these units block up with polish, paint and grunge. The central portion of the sensor appears to move more easily after a bit of a clear out. I`m now finding the finger nail trick quite useful. Perhaps someone else could try it and see if they can obtain an improvement on their own car.
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Re: Reverse Sensors
Result at last. They are working fine now, so it just goes to show that even if the sensor is ticking it's not necessarily working as it should.
Iv'e put the original module back in place so now I have a good working spare. I have also thrown away the telephone number for Dignitas
Jeff
Iv'e put the original module back in place so now I have a good working spare. I have also thrown away the telephone number for Dignitas
Jeff
S Type 2.7d SE Auto 2004 Now sold but still a lover of older Jags.
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

