Hi Fuse 37 in the engine bay fuse box of my 2.7 Diesel keeps blowing. It controls the MAF sensor. There looks to be 3 sensors 2 on the air filter trunking and 1 in front of the throttle body.
Iv'e done a scan and am getting fault codes of P0100-Mass or volume air flow/Mass air flow sensor P010A Mass or volume air flow B circuit P2009 Intake manifold runner control circuit low bank 1 In the hand book fuse 37 controls MAF sensors/VGT port deact valve.
I have cleaned the sensors and the circuits seem OK. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.
Jeff
MAF Fuse Blowing
Moderators:GJS-typeR, Montana5
S Type 2.7d SE Auto 2004 Now sold but still a lover of older Jags.
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Re: MAF Fuse Blowing
Always google and see the many issues that can cause a particular fault code, Jeff. Something might hit a cord with you in the contents.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 7jb5z3dPWg
Best of luck.
Mike
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 7jb5z3dPWg
Best of luck.
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Re: MAF Fuse Blowing
Thanks for that Mike but I'm glad to say the problem is sorted. I rang my local Indy today for some advice on the matter and he said that he didn't think a faulty sensor would blow the fuse, he thought it was more likely that it was a broken wire behind the front bumper.
So I thought I would check the wiring around the engine bay first before removing the bumper, and low and behold I found a wire that was trapped between the bracket that holds the air box to the throttle body from a previous job I had done.
Jeff
So I thought I would check the wiring around the engine bay first before removing the bumper, and low and behold I found a wire that was trapped between the bracket that holds the air box to the throttle body from a previous job I had done.
Jeff
S Type 2.7d SE Auto 2004 Now sold but still a lover of older Jags.
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Previous Jaguars.
1967 3.8 S Type.
Series 1 XJ 4.2
Series 2 XJ 4.2
Re: MAF Fuse Blowing
You lucky man!
That area of wiring is well known. Evo magazine had a long term STR on their fleet. The car had to go back to the factory for assessment as the fault locked the car transmission in park. It had to be dragged down a residential street with cars both side for several hundred yards before again being pulled onto the recovery truck still locked up! The fault in the cables was on the tight turn under the airbox.
I suppose the advice must be that if there is no logical explanation for a problem of this type on the S-type, then going under the near side wheel arch liner, under the airbox or into the cables across the front of the car, is probably the area to investigate. Certainly the tight cable installation does not help reliability. It is also worth noting that there appears to have been a duff batch of rather porus cabling installed on many cars over the production time line.
Mike
That area of wiring is well known. Evo magazine had a long term STR on their fleet. The car had to go back to the factory for assessment as the fault locked the car transmission in park. It had to be dragged down a residential street with cars both side for several hundred yards before again being pulled onto the recovery truck still locked up! The fault in the cables was on the tight turn under the airbox.
I suppose the advice must be that if there is no logical explanation for a problem of this type on the S-type, then going under the near side wheel arch liner, under the airbox or into the cables across the front of the car, is probably the area to investigate. Certainly the tight cable installation does not help reliability. It is also worth noting that there appears to have been a duff batch of rather porus cabling installed on many cars over the production time line.
Mike
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests
