Hello all
I've just had a turbo failure and I write this with a heavy heart.. I've been told my s type Diesel engine is unrepairable.
I've got a 2007 2.7 Tdi. I love the car.
I was driving on the motorway when the engine suddenly cut into limp mode. I got off to the side , tried to restart, and it wouldn't.
The trusty RAC got me back to my local garage. I was initially told it was in need of a new crack shaft sensor which was replaced. Then the engine report management system indicated a blocked injector which was duly replaced and remapped. This still didn't fix the issue. So the car was taken it to a diesel specialist. They have Inidicated that a turbo has failed and that this has caused a lot of damage to the engine to the point where they don't want to repair it as it will be uneconomical...
So.......what to do now ?
Any and all help would be gratefully received.
The car is very nice so how much would it cost if I were to replace the engine ?
Regards
Rich
Engine failure blown turbo
Moderators:GJS-typeR, Montana5
2007 S Type SE 2.7D
1968 Series 2 E Type 4.2
1968 Series 2 E Type 4.2
Re: Engine failure blown turbo
Sorry to hear that.
Your most economic way to get the car operational again would be to fit a known, all good second hand engine with a good warrenty. I suggest you contact Eurojag who advertise in our magazine. They sell only quality parts at affordable prices with a warranty. Perhaps call them and discuss options.
Mike K
Your most economic way to get the car operational again would be to fit a known, all good second hand engine with a good warrenty. I suggest you contact Eurojag who advertise in our magazine. They sell only quality parts at affordable prices with a warranty. Perhaps call them and discuss options.
Mike K
X350 Co-ordinator
2004 XJR
2004 XJR
Re: Engine failure blown turbo
I think the key here is the quote "they do not want to repair it". Check to see what damage has in fact been done to the engine, have it diagnosed correctly, speak to someone who knows these cars inside out, such as XJK in Stoke. My own 2.7 XJ suffered similar symptoms, XJK persevered and after three attempts fitted the correct and recon turbo charger at a reasonable price
Also bear in mind these cars have two turbos, so is it one or both gone down?/
Check, check again and then double check with the se engines as you are indeed likely to get fobbed off
Also bear in mind these cars have two turbos, so is it one or both gone down?/
Check, check again and then double check with the se engines as you are indeed likely to get fobbed off
88 3.6 XJ40 EX JDHT
88 3.6 XJ40 SOV
93 XJ40 XJ12
94 XJ40 Daimler Majestic Insignia
96 X300 Daimler Century EX JDHT
97 Daimler Double Six
97 XJR 300 Manual EX JDHT
55 X TYPE EST 3.0 SP PREM
56 X150 XK
88 3.6 XJ40 SOV
93 XJ40 XJ12
94 XJ40 Daimler Majestic Insignia
96 X300 Daimler Century EX JDHT
97 Daimler Double Six
97 XJR 300 Manual EX JDHT
55 X TYPE EST 3.0 SP PREM
56 X150 XK
Re: Engine failure blown turbo
See the April Edition of Jaguar World,ref 2.7d Engine replacement. Prices are quoted by Eurojag.
www.eurojag.com
www.eurojag.com
Dave Hart
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D Scrapped
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
2005:-S Type V 6, 2.7D Scrapped
2009:-XF 3.0D V6 Premium Luxury
Re: Engine failure blown turbo
Thank you folks for your feed back . i think euro jag just might be the way to go.
2007 S Type SE 2.7D
1968 Series 2 E Type 4.2
1968 Series 2 E Type 4.2
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

