conversion of wiper motor LHD to RHD

Moderators:iRS, Art1012

etypebus

Member
Posts:2
Joined:Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:12 pm
conversion of wiper motor LHD to RHD

Postby etypebus » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:46 pm

I'm converting a series 1 4.2 coupe from LHD to RHD.

The wiper motor is perfectly fine but needs to be changed to allow the wipers to run the opposite way.
I have read an article by a chap who did the conversion and i get the parking contact adjustment but dont follow why i need to change round the two wires on the brushes. This would make the motor run the other way round.
I just think to remove and turn the actuating lever 180 degrees will suffice so when the motor starts rather than pushing the wiper arm it pulls.

Has anyone got an advice for this and have i got it right or wil the motor need to run in reverse?

Thanks Simon.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest