Page 1 of 1

New Member

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:41 pm
by lichfielddave569
Hi Everyone,

My name is David and i live in Lichfield, Staffs in the West Midlands.
I am now the proud owner of a 2009 2.2D SE auto in Gold and have recently joined the JEC.
This is my first Jaguar so i will need all the help i can get! :oops:

Re: New Member

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:17 pm
by Astromorg
Welcome to the wonderful world of Jaguar in general, the X type in particular and the JEC. Hopefully you won't need much help with your new acquisition. An X type that's looked after is a wonderfully reliable machine. Do you have an owner's handbook? It's a valuable read to find out about some features you might otherwise miss. I have a pdf version if you need it

I don't know that much about the diesel versions, but I do know that like all diesels they don't like too many short runs without a longer high speed one - a good reason to get out and about in it! :D

Re: New Member

Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:52 am
by Dave Eynon
Hi David,
Can I also say hello and introduce myself. I too am a David and I write the X-type monthly section for the JEC magazine. Feel free to email me on xtype@jecmodels.org if you have a question or simply wish to share any experiences. Send me a decent jpeg photo of you/your car along with what lead you to buy an X-type and we'll get it in the mag? Also if you need any technical support David Marks supports our model and is not too far away from you either, he can be contacted on david@davidmarksgarages.co.uk. All the details on page 4 of the mag.
Happy Motoring and do get in touch for any support etc
Dave

Re: New Member

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:22 pm
by lichfielddave569
Hi David,
Can I also say hello and introduce myself. I too am a David and I write the X-type monthly section for the JEC magazine. Feel free to email me on xtype@jecmodels.org if you have a question or simply wish to share any experiences. Send me a decent jpeg photo of you/your car along with what lead you to buy an X-type and we'll get it in the mag? Also if you need any technical support David Marks supports our model and is not too far away from you either, he can be contacted on david@davidmarksgarages.co.uk. All the details on page 4 of the mag.
Happy Motoring and do get in touch for any support etc
Dave
Hi Dave,
I have tried to send you an email today on the address you quoted but it keeps bouncing back?
Any Ideas?

Re: New Member

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:48 am
by Andy P
Hi Dave.
I think David Eynon forgot to put .uk after org.
So it would be xtype@jecmodels.org.uk
Hope this helps and how about posting some photos of your car so we can all enjoy.
Welcome to the club by the way :D .
Although I don't have an X-type I always enjoy Davids enthusiasm for the X-type which comes through in his articles in the magazine.
Take care and stay safe.
Andy :D

Re: New Member

Posted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:49 am
by Dave Eynon
Ah, my mistake I missed the .uk off the end.
Sorry for the confusion
Dave