New Member

Moderators:Dave Eynon, steveisleofwight

lichfielddave569

Member
Posts:3
Joined:Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:26 pm
New Member

Postby lichfielddave569 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:41 pm

Hi Everyone,

My name is David and i live in Lichfield, Staffs in the West Midlands.
I am now the proud owner of a 2009 2.2D SE auto in Gold and have recently joined the JEC.
This is my first Jaguar so i will need all the help i can get! :oops:

Astromorg

Member
Posts:512
Joined:Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:52 pm
Location:Portsmouth/Southampton

Re: New Member

Postby Astromorg » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:17 pm

Welcome to the wonderful world of Jaguar in general, the X type in particular and the JEC. Hopefully you won't need much help with your new acquisition. An X type that's looked after is a wonderfully reliable machine. Do you have an owner's handbook? It's a valuable read to find out about some features you might otherwise miss. I have a pdf version if you need it

I don't know that much about the diesel versions, but I do know that like all diesels they don't like too many short runs without a longer high speed one - a good reason to get out and about in it! :D
2005 XK8 4.2-S Coupe
2024 XE 300 Sport

Dave Eynon

Moderator
Posts:166
Joined:Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:38 pm

Re: New Member

Postby Dave Eynon » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:52 am

Hi David,
Can I also say hello and introduce myself. I too am a David and I write the X-type monthly section for the JEC magazine. Feel free to email me on xtype@jecmodels.org if you have a question or simply wish to share any experiences. Send me a decent jpeg photo of you/your car along with what lead you to buy an X-type and we'll get it in the mag? Also if you need any technical support David Marks supports our model and is not too far away from you either, he can be contacted on david@davidmarksgarages.co.uk. All the details on page 4 of the mag.
Happy Motoring and do get in touch for any support etc
Dave
Dave E
Gwynedd. N Wales.
X-type 2.5 Estate
XK8 Coupe
XJ 4.2 S1
Daimler 2.5 V8

lichfielddave569

Member
Posts:3
Joined:Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:26 pm

Re: New Member

Postby lichfielddave569 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:22 pm

Hi David,
Can I also say hello and introduce myself. I too am a David and I write the X-type monthly section for the JEC magazine. Feel free to email me on xtype@jecmodels.org if you have a question or simply wish to share any experiences. Send me a decent jpeg photo of you/your car along with what lead you to buy an X-type and we'll get it in the mag? Also if you need any technical support David Marks supports our model and is not too far away from you either, he can be contacted on david@davidmarksgarages.co.uk. All the details on page 4 of the mag.
Happy Motoring and do get in touch for any support etc
Dave
Hi Dave,
I have tried to send you an email today on the address you quoted but it keeps bouncing back?
Any Ideas?

User avatar
Andy P

Member
Posts:960
Joined:Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:51 am
Location:Plymouth,Devon,U.K. J.E.C.Member

Re: New Member

Postby Andy P » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:48 am

Hi Dave.
I think David Eynon forgot to put .uk after org.
So it would be xtype@jecmodels.org.uk
Hope this helps and how about posting some photos of your car so we can all enjoy.
Welcome to the club by the way :D .
Although I don't have an X-type I always enjoy Davids enthusiasm for the X-type which comes through in his articles in the magazine.
Take care and stay safe.
Andy :D
2011 X351 3.0d LWB
Colour: Ultimate Black Metallic With Black/Ivory Piping Interia
2007 X-Type 2.2d Sport Premium Estate
Colour:Liquid Silver With Charcoal Interia

Dave Eynon

Moderator
Posts:166
Joined:Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:38 pm

Re: New Member

Postby Dave Eynon » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:49 am

Ah, my mistake I missed the .uk off the end.
Sorry for the confusion
Dave
Dave E
Gwynedd. N Wales.
X-type 2.5 Estate
XK8 Coupe
XJ 4.2 S1
Daimler 2.5 V8


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest