Engine removal

Moderators:robv12, Popsjag, mk5rjs

psfarr19948

Member
Posts:4
Joined:Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:23 pm
Engine removal

Postby psfarr19948 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:48 pm

I am lifting the engine out on my Jag X300 due to low compression on one cylinder, does anyone have any advice on any jobs I should do around the engine bay while I have access?

mike020150

Member
Posts:3469
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:26 pm

Re: Engine removal

Postby mike020150 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:13 am

Generally speaking, access around the engine in X300s isn't too bad. That means you probably only have to do the usual checks for rust in the body/subframe and the pipe runs that are especially difficult to do when the engine's in situ, unless, you want an under-bonnet, concours finish to the engine bay. Mike.
2014 XK Dynamic R convertible; 1977 Daimler Double Six Coupe; 2023 XE AWD 300S


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest