Page 1 of 1

Gaz Damper Setting Help S3 2+2 and S1 FHC

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:35 am
by NigelHCooper
I own two E-Types, a '63 S1 and a '71 S3 2+2. Both cars are recently restored and Gaz Dampers (adjustable) are fitted, all of the suspension has new bushes etc..

The S1 seems to be reasonably happy on mid-setting for all dampers but the S3 is definitely not quite right, there is a juddering on uneven surfaces.

Simple question..... any recommendations for setting up this common replacement damper for a comfortable ride? I would be happy to accept advice for each model, if they differ.
Thanks in anticipation,

(I drive safe-quickly but not on race tracks and my local roads are not smooth!)

Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:17 pm
by PoB
Hi Nigel

I think the recommendation is completely anticlockwise on the valve adjuster then clockwise 5 clicks, with all springs at the same height(if adjustable platforms). This should be good for initial setting, then trial and error if unhappy, remembering to do the same adjustment to all four.

Best of luck
Pat

Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:57 am
by NigelHCooper
thanks for that, a lot smoother now