Front axle suspension Rapid wear of rubber bushes
Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2024 1:05 pm
Hello all,
On my E-V12 2+2 I have to replace the rubber bushes on the front lower wishbones at least once a year.
Within a year the lower wishbones move backwards and crush the rubber beads of the rear bushes. The front suspension then becomes noticeably uncomfortable with cracking noises.
During assembly, the outer washers have a stop due to the smaller bore and are limited by the castellated nut, which is tightened to 13 mKg.
It makes no difference whether I fit the front or rear bushes first. The result is always the same.
I have no idea what I could do differently or better to prevent this premature wear.
I must also mention that I have set a very large amount of caster.
I have found that the poly bushes wear the fastest. During the last repair I fitted the Barratt rubber-metal bushes. They seem to be more durable,
I hope you can give me an explanation and a fitting method for a permanent remedy.
Michael Gleiss
On my E-V12 2+2 I have to replace the rubber bushes on the front lower wishbones at least once a year.
Within a year the lower wishbones move backwards and crush the rubber beads of the rear bushes. The front suspension then becomes noticeably uncomfortable with cracking noises.
During assembly, the outer washers have a stop due to the smaller bore and are limited by the castellated nut, which is tightened to 13 mKg.
It makes no difference whether I fit the front or rear bushes first. The result is always the same.
I have no idea what I could do differently or better to prevent this premature wear.
I must also mention that I have set a very large amount of caster.
I have found that the poly bushes wear the fastest. During the last repair I fitted the Barratt rubber-metal bushes. They seem to be more durable,
I hope you can give me an explanation and a fitting method for a permanent remedy.
Michael Gleiss