Rear suspension "jumping"

Moderators:iRS, Art1012

V12Graham
Posts:4
Joined:Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:55 pm
Rear suspension "jumping"

Postby V12Graham » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:08 pm

Recently got my hands on a S3 2+2 as my next project, the car drives ok but although on the road is in need of a bit of tlc.
My question is when I reverse up my drive which is on an upward slope I get a feeling as if the back axle is jumping, any suggestions where to look for the problem?

PoB
Posts:65
Joined:Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:13 pm

Postby PoB » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:49 pm

Check the 4 axle mounts, I had this and the rear 2 had parted company

User avatar
DaveK
Posts:139
Joined:Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:45 pm
Location:Worcs
Contact:

Postby DaveK » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:17 pm

Check rear cage mounts and radius arm bushes front and rear.
If it happens when you reverse you should find it happens when you first move forward after reversing.

Dave

V12Graham
Posts:4
Joined:Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:55 pm

Postby V12Graham » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:09 pm

Thanks to both of you for your replies, been abit busy with work commitments but I'll check that out and let you know what I find.

Seasons greetings
Graham


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests