I have a 1968 E Type fitted with a later engine with a tachometer. As I remember there are two terminals on the tachometer (RV7414/06) one to the negative terminal of the coil and I dont know where the other one goes. I have feeling it takes a 12 volt feed in the fuse area where I have found a loose wire after I remedied a faulty radio.
Can anybody enlighten me please?
Tachometer wiring
Re: Tachometer wiring
Hello Waitey,
there should be an ignition switch fed supply (Green wire) if you look behind the panel and see if there is a green spare wire or if not if there are other items fed on that same fuse. Possibly the fuel gauge and temperature gauge voltage stabiliser (A small rectangular metal box) or maybe a wiper switch, it really doesn't matter. There should also be a third wire (Black earth)) which goes onto a spade terminal on the body of the tachometer. Just be aware that there is a light green wire or two that feed the other gauges, don't use that as it is a 10v regulated supply from the box I mentioned earlier.
Alec
there should be an ignition switch fed supply (Green wire) if you look behind the panel and see if there is a green spare wire or if not if there are other items fed on that same fuse. Possibly the fuel gauge and temperature gauge voltage stabiliser (A small rectangular metal box) or maybe a wiper switch, it really doesn't matter. There should also be a third wire (Black earth)) which goes onto a spade terminal on the body of the tachometer. Just be aware that there is a light green wire or two that feed the other gauges, don't use that as it is a 10v regulated supply from the box I mentioned earlier.
Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
