Page 1 of 1
High Level Brake lights
Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 pm
by richard_fry
I was very nearly re-ended today by a large 4x4. Has any one any experience of fitting a high level 3rd brake light to an E-type S1 FHC, preferably without drilling or otherwise damaging the body? Are there stick on types that could go in the rear window?
Re: High Level Brake lights
Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:19 am
by JerryL770
Search on-line or go to a decent car accessories shoppe.
Plenty of stick-on types available I think.
Re: High Level Brake lights
Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:05 pm
by richard_fry
Thanks for the advice on the brake lights. Still looking for something which doesn't obscure the rear view too much and is bright enough to make a difference. Interested in the note on your profile about MX5 seats in an e-type. Were they easy to fit? What version of MX5 did you use?
Re: High Level Brake lights
Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:58 pm
by JerryL770
Yes, fitted them myself.
They are Mk1 MX5 seats purchased on eBay and re-trimmed in red leather from BAS who supplied my car's trim kit. The re-trimming was done by a company in Leicester.
The seats are fitted using installation brackets from Fosseway Performance and using the original Jaguar runners.
I've just done an 1,100 mile round trip in 5 days to the Spa Classic races. Wife and I were very comfortable.
On the E-type Club forum is now instructions for a way to fit the seats using the MX5 runners which somewhat smoother to operate and mean it is easier and quicker to swap seats should you want to.
HTH.
Re: High Level Brake lights
Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:17 am
by richard_fry
Many thanks, Jerry. I have now found the parts you mention, just got to get on with it! Richard