Things are getting very hot !

Moderators:iRS, Art1012

Azzura
Posts:16
Joined:Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:09 am
Things are getting very hot !

Postby Azzura » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:55 pm

1969 Series 2 4.2

The gauge that reads the charge from the alternator is getting a lot hotter than the other gauges. Any thoughts?
Also:
I have to drive with the panel lights on the lower setting or all the gauge's get very hot indeed.
Can this be normal as they are very hot to touch?
Where do I look to see why?
Could it be wrong bulbs?

User avatar
piman
Posts:1183
Joined:Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:32 pm
Location:Oswestry

Re: Things are getting very hot !

Postby piman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:15 pm

Hello Azzura,

strange, have a look at the back of the panel and look for signs of overheating connections, usually because they are loose.
You could have the wron lamps in, from memory I think they should be 2.2 watts?

Alec
Mk 2 3.8 (long term restoration), MK1 Triumph 2.5 P.I. , 564 Hymer Motorhome

Azzura
Posts:16
Joined:Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:09 am

Re: Things are getting very hot !

Postby Azzura » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Thanks that is helpful, I will check the bulb so see if it is 2.2 watts.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest