Page 1 of 1

Brakes Sticking On (Series II)

Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:02 pm
by rcmcewen
I have read the similar subject for Series 3.
Brakes stay on for about 1 second and seem to release if I blip the throttle.
I am leaning towards the air control valve faulty, or could it be the servo?
Any experience of this problem from other members?

Re: Brakes Sticking On (Series II)

Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:17 pm
by ITP
I had the same problem. Cured by fitting a very light spring from Ken Jenkins in the servo bellows, thus helping it to release.

Re: Brakes Sticking On (Series II)

Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:28 pm
by key001g
I don't know if this is where you read it but on page 24 of the April 2011 issue of the enthusiast magazine are Colin Ford's E-type Tips that he presented at the earlier seminar and one of which addresses sticking brakes on cars using the Lockheed servo. He advises a low cost & fairly simple job on the reaction valve piston which worked on my Series 3 that you might like to try first.