I seem to have a slight pause when the box changes from 2nd to 3rd gear on my Series 111 E Type.
Any suggestions?
Auto Gearbox
I have no experience of auto boxes but changing the oil and replacing with Redline MTL might be of help.
If you Google Redline then it should come up with suppliers, I know there is one in Tamworth, Staffs.
Redline is a really good and quite expensive gearbox oil but it is excellent and used in a lot of race car boxes. I have it in my E-Type which is a Moss box and the gear changes are excellent.
I did tell another owner who has a S2 with an auto box to do this and he says it really sorted out his box and it now changes great.
Dave
If you Google Redline then it should come up with suppliers, I know there is one in Tamworth, Staffs.
Redline is a really good and quite expensive gearbox oil but it is excellent and used in a lot of race car boxes. I have it in my E-Type which is a Moss box and the gear changes are excellent.
I did tell another owner who has a S2 with an auto box to do this and he says it really sorted out his box and it now changes great.
Dave
I seem to have solved the Transmission problem. Every time I checked the oil level it indicated full or slightly over full. On checking whilst the engine was hot the indication was showing no oil on dip stick, I assume some type of air lock in the filler tube whilst cold. On filling to correct level with oil the Automatic gearbox works OK
Has anyone noticed recorded this as a problem?
Has anyone noticed recorded this as a problem?
-
stuarthardy

- Posts:488
- Joined:Thu May 14, 2009 8:56 pm
- Location:North Shropshire
Hi
Its good that you got sorted.
On the autobox for my 420 (BW Model
the manual tell you to check the fluid level with the transmission fully warmed up, the car standing on level ground in PARK and with the engine running at idle speed. Withdraw dipstick, wipe it replace it fullt in position and immediately withdraw it. Top up to the full mark if necessary.
A bit of a rigmarole but that's what the manual says.
Regards
Stuart
Its good that you got sorted.
On the autobox for my 420 (BW Model
A bit of a rigmarole but that's what the manual says.
Regards
Stuart
Stuart
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
1962 E-Type FHC
1969 420 Daimler Sovereign
1994 X300 XJR
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests